Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 22 Daly Waters Rest Day 0 kms

I managed to sleep in today but I woke to much activity in the camp. Someone had decided to rearrange the camp setup and was directing all other riders to move the food boxes etc to where they felt would be a better set up. Collis & I were totally bemused as they were moving everything into a powered area so that they could plug all their contraptions into power but we had not paid for a powered site and caravaners who actually pay for the power may arrive in the middle of the day and everything would have to be moved back. We left them to it but we were aware of who would eventually have to explain the situation to management.
Lazy day today with not much to occupy anyone who may have had energy left after 7 days of constant riding. Lots of washing and tidying going on. Jacquei bought herself a new whip and I eventually succumbed and bought one for myself also.
Weather was hot enough to go swimming in the pool as well and in the afternoon I pulled out the clippers and had a barber shop going for any of the riders who were game enough to let me have a go at their hair. Most went for a straight cut but Ben went for a style cut (that was a bit scary). All were requested to make a donation into the tin for TADVIC and we made a little cash.
Collis shouted everyone dinner tonight and they had the choice of Beef &/or Barra. The meal was enjoyed by everyone I think and once again Bob and myself got up on stage explaining our mission and our cause and we got more donations tonight. Management donated $100.00 as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment